Reserved for FMS certified department/units only.
This course is a requirement for staff, whose job responsibilities include processing or reviewing financial transactions in UBC's Financial Management System (FMS Live). It is a requirement for reviewer certification. It is also a preparatory course for the FMS Certification Exercise (assessment), which is a requirement for FMS Live data entry certification. You will gain an overview of the major features of the Accounts Payable module in the FMS Live system.
With a focus on the FMS Live system, this course covers:
- UBC accounts payable policies and procedures
- how to enter requisitions for payments
- how to enter travel claims, advances and clearances
- creating control groups
- entering and deleting voucher information
- performing inquiries in the FMS Live system, such as searching for vendors, and checking statuses of payments and project grants
This course is offered in-class. It requires a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 8 participants.
In the event of insufficient number of participants, we reserve the right to cancel the course.
Staff with data entry or reviewer responsibilities in FMS certified departments only.