This course is a requirement for FMS Live reviewer certification. Get an introduction to FMS nQuery, UBC's read-only financial database. Delivered online through Connect, this course provides information and helpful hints on how to efficiently navigate within FMS nQuery. This course is available to staff with financial responsibilities in FMS certified and non-certified departments.
The course covers instructions on how to run ledger summaries, and how to look up information, such as:
- chartfields, speedcharts and project/grants
- vendor information
- accounts payable transactions
- Purchase Order details
- general ledger transactions
- payroll information.
Navigating FMS nQuery is available online through Connect. You will need a CWL ID for access.
Registration is on a monthly basis. After registering for the appropriate session on the right, you will receive 2 emails:
- first email is an immediate automated confirmation of your registration
- second email contains instructions on how to log into the course through Connect and is manually sent later (email will be sent the same month as your session registration)
Expect to take approximately 2 hours to complete the reading material, quiz and short survey. In order to receive credit for completing this course, participants must score 80% or better on the quiz.
Important: Please complete the quiz within the same month as your registration. For example, if you register in May, you must take the quiz in May. If you are unable to take the quiz in the same month as your registration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, asking to be dropped from the course.
Recommended reading prior to course:
- Personnel with reviewer responsibilities in FMS certified departments (required)
- Personnel with financial responsibilities in non-certified departments (recommended)
- Personnel interested in learning more about the FMS nQuery system, for professional development